Sunday, September 1, 2024

Top Five Sources of News and Information

  #1 My Family

My family is always invested in the news. My parents watch it in the evenings and my siblings keep up with it as well. We have a family group chat, so whenever big news (or small) occurs, the text messages blow up my phone. I don't really watch CNN or Fox News, so having my family to help me keep up is super beneficial. We all have different viewpoints and opinions, so talking to different family members and getting their views on the news is always helpful. 

#2 Google

I can look up anything on google and get results immediately. I love Google because there are so many different points of views to be considered, but there can also be false rumors and accusations. Google is incredibly fast and up to date on everything that happens around the world. It is easily organized and has trustworthy sources if we look closely. Also, Google can know your interests, so it creates a page to look at the news that is interesting to you.

#3 Tik Tok

I am on Tik Tok quite often. When looking at videos, liking, commenting, and other things, Tik Tok notices what you are interested in and builds a "for you page". Occasionally I get short highlights of the news that is happening in the present and in the past. Over 1 billion people use TikTok every month worldwide, with 150 million of them being users in the USA. I would say many people use Tik Tok as a form of entertainment, gaining ideas, learning dances, and a platform for marketing. Usually news isn't too popular on the platform. 



#4 Instagram

Instagram is a reliable source where I can follow many different news accounts to keep up to date. Accounts like Fox News and CNN are active on their accounts for Instagram users to immediately see what is happening in the world around us. It is one app with multiple different news outlets for many different people groups.


#5 Snapchat


Snapchat would be my last source of finding out news. I mainly use it as communication between friends and I. There is a page on Snapchat called "the Discover Page" where many different news stories are shown. If I were to look, there is a section called "The Daily Mail" where I keep up to date on news. When you slide up on the title slide, snapchat takes you to a whole different page with an article that is from The Daily Mail. On snapchat it is mostly pop culture, what is happening with famous people, and other modern culture.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Age of AI

    AI has gradually become more advanced as time goes on. In class, we watched a documentary called "In the Age of AI" where many...